AA 2016 Events
Thursday, February 18, 2015 • 3:40pm – 5:00pm
Building a Successful Simulation Center – Transitioning from WHY to HOW
This workshop is offered free of charge to all registered attendees at the AsianAmerican MultiSpecialty Summit VII and is targeted to surgeons and administrative leaders who have recently built or plan on building a simulation-based training center.
The goals for this workshop are:
1. Determining the mission for center.
2. How do you embed simulation into curricular design?
3. How much does it cost? Creating a sustainable model.
4. Overview of simulators/models.
5. Overview of governance, personnel and staff.
6. Research opportunities.
1. Develop and implement a focused mission statement.
2. Become familiar with simulation-based curricular design.
3. Understand the financial considerations for building a sustainable model.
4. Understand the state of the art for simulation and model technology.
5. Recruiting and building simulation center personnel and staff.
6. Become familiar with research topics and opportunities
Thursday, February 18, 2016 • 6:00pm – 8:00pm • Tickets required
LUAU UNDER THE STARS
$135 Adults • $47 Children
Join us at a genuine Hawaiian luau for a memorable evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, and dance. No visit to Hawaii is complete without enjoying the experience of a traditional luau and show. From the authentic local dishes to the beauty and drama of the island entertainment, this is an evening you won’t want to miss! Summit attendees and guests will have a special evening of fun with new and old friends under the starlit Hawaiian sky. Tickets are $135 per adult, $47 per child and are required for this event. They can be purchased using the registration form. This event is approximately two hours and includes buffet dinner, entertainment, music, fresh flower lei, and two drink tickets.