Top Gun Laparoscopic Skills & Suturing Program: Online CME
LAPAROSCOPIC SKILLS & SUTURING PROGRAM
Are you the advanced laparoscopic surgeon
that you know you ought to be?
Top Gun gives you those skills that you need to operate in the advanced laparoscopic environment such as superior targeting skills, two-hand choreography, and 3D depth perception compensation. All of these are needed attributes of a front line 21st Century Surgeon.
Become a top gun surgeon by participating in the Top Gun Laparoscopic Skills & Suturing Program. Top Gun is an unbelievable program that decreases the time that it takes to learn how to intracorporeally suture from 350 hours to 12 hours and is now available in an interactive, exciting, iBooks format.
Target Audience: surgeons and other health professionals interested in minimally invasive surgery techniques, technologies, and therapy.
“Top Gun” is an enduring material activity. This activity will take approximately 8 to 12 hours to complete in its entirety. CME credits will be provided on achieving a passing score of 85% or higher on the Post-Test which is to be taken after having completed all segments of this activity. Only two (2) attempts are allowed to successfully complete the activity Post-Test in order to obtain CME credits. You must also complete the Pre-Test and post-activity evaluation in order to receive credit.
Top Gun is more than a program, it is a way of doing things that has not done before and it truly is an experience that we hope you can partake in.
Volume I is a core curriculum package that sets you on a pathway to become a leader in minimally invasive surgery.
Volume II offers the participant the opportunity to rapidly become immersed in the Top Gun culture. This quick start version has been validated to allow the participant to sample the program and achieve success in performing intracorporeal suturing. This, coupled with the extensive troubleshooting video vignette montage allows the student to embrace the basics and overcome obstacles to entry-level competency. It is best used in concert with Volume I for maximum success.
Volume III offers the participant the unique perspective of a glossary that has come to life. The Top Gun Experience is effective because of its rich descriptive terms that effectively allow the participant to grasp and execute the process concepts. Also, it is the language that allows efficient instruction. Even though there is a standard glossary in Volume I, the value of this enhancement is off the charts. It is a must have if you are to complete your journey and become a Top Gun Surgeon.
Date of release: January 1, 2023
Date of expiration: December 31, 2025
Are you the advanced laparoscopic surgeon that you know you ought to be? Become a top gun surgeon by participating in the Top Gun Laparoscopic Skills & Suturing Program. Top Gun is an unbelievable program that decreases the time that it takes to learn how to intracorporeally suture from 350 hours to 12 hours and is now available in an interactive, exciting, iBooks format. It gives you those skills that you need to operate in the advanced laparoscopic environment such as superior targeting skills, two-hand choreography, 3D depth perception compensation. All of these are needed attributes of a front line 21st Century Surgeon.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will:
- Increase their comprehension of the basic and fundamental principles of laparoscopic, endoscopic, robotic and minimally invasive techniques, and have an enhanced understanding of these techniques;
- Understand recent advances and clinical applications in laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive techniques;
- Determine the appropriate use of laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive technologies as part of a treatment plan in the care of patients.
Cost to non-members to complete the program and receive CME credits will be $80.00. The Top Gun iBook set is available in the iBook store for a total of $44.97.
All active SLS members will have FREE access to both the Pre and Post-Tests and Evaluation for CME credits at no charge to the member. A Certificate of Completion will be available for completion of the Pre and Post Tests at no charge to members and non-members.
SLS members will be provided with a coupon code to remove the program fee via email. It will be sent upon completion of the Pre-Test.
INDIVIDUALS IN CONTROL OF CONTENT
- The Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons (SLS), in accordance with the Criteria and Standards for Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), has implemented a process where all individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity have disclosed to SLS all affiliations and relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest (any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients).
- As an accredited CME provider, decisions in the planning process of this enduring material activity were made free of the control of commercial interests. Disclosures have been received and reviewed and include all persons in control of content including, but not limited to, Planners, Reviewers, and Presenter/Authors. In accordance with the SLS’s Conflict of Interest & Resolution Policy, any conflicts of interest pertaining to this CME Activity have been resolved.
- To view the disclosures of individuals in control of the content of the Top Gun Final Program: Click Here
The Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons (SLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons (SLS) designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE TOP GUN CME PROGRAM:
- TOP-GUN iBOOK PROGRAM: Purchase and read the Top Gun iBook Set and complete the exercises. Top Gun can be purchased via the iBook store.
- PRE-TEST: Click here to complete the Pre-Test. It should be completed before reading the Top Gun 3-Volume Program.
- POST-TEST: Complete the Post-Test, which you will need to successfully pass with a score of 85% or higher to receive up to 8 CME credits. You will have two (2) attempts to successfully complete the Post-Test. Once completed successfully, you will be provided a Certificate of Completion via email.
- ACTIVITY EVALUATION: Complete the post-activity evaluation for this activity. Your CME certificate will be provided via email after review/scoring of the completed post-test and receipt of the activity evaluation. SLS Members will be provided with a coupon code to remove the fee. Non-Members will be prompted to pay the fee upon submission of the Post Activity Evaluation form.
- CONFIRMATION: There will be information provided upon submission of the Evaluation regarding receipt of the CME credits earned.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME and Self-Assessment requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
Learner participation will be shared through the ACCME’s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons
Physician Learners: Participate in Minimally Invasive Surgery Week 2023 and complete the evaluation and CME form components in order to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. If you complete all necessary components, the Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons (SLS) will award the associated CME credit to the physician learner claiming credit.
The American Board of Surgery
The American Board of Surgery (ABS) has recently announced changes that, as of July 1, 2023, all CME will be automatically transferred to the ABS through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) PARS system. This is part of their ongoing commitment to reduce the administrative burden on diplomates and enhance the value of the ABS Continuous Certification Program. As part of this improvement, the manual reporting feature (the ability to individually input CME information) in the ABS portal will no longer be necessary and will be retired on July 1, 2023.
Learner completion data will be reported 30 days of the learner engaging in the activity and completing all necessary components of this activity.
- Physician Learners: Indicate on the Pre and Post-Test that you want to participate in the ABS Continuous Certification program, include your month and day of birth (mm/dd) and your ABS ID number.
- Complete Pre and Post-test and evaluation components as indicated above. You will have two (2) attempts to pass the Post-Test. A passing score of 85% is required to earn ABS Continuous Certification credit.
- All activities will include feedback to participants, identifying learner results with rationales for correct answers or attainment of applicable skill(s), and/or relevant citations where appropriate.
- If you pass, the Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons (SLS) will report both the activity and the associated CME credit to the ABS.
- ABS points are equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed by the physician learner for the activity.
The material presented at this site has been made available by SLS for educational purposes only. This material is not intended to represent the only, nor necessarily the best methods or procedures appropriate for the medical situations discussed; but rather, is intended to present an approach, view, statement or opinion of the faculty, which may be helpful to others who face similar situations. The material, opinions and assertions contained in this activity are solely those of the authors and faculty and are not to be construed as reflecting the views, recommendations or official positions of SLS. SLS disclaims any and all liability for injury or other damages resulting to any individual participating in this activity and for all claims, which may arise out of the use of the techniques, demonstrated therein by such individuals, whether these claims shall be asserted by a physician or any other person.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
Desktop Browsers: Google Chrome 60+, Safari 11+, Firefox 60+, IE 11+
Mobile Browsers: Safari iOS 11+, Google Chrome 60+
Bandwidth: 0.5+ Mbps