Minimally Invasive Surgery Week 2016
Registration will reopen on-site at MISWeek as follows:
- Tuesday, August 30: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 31: 6:30am – 8:00pm
- Thursday, September 1: 6:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday, September 2: 6:30am – 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 3: 7:00am-11:15am
This page contains conference details and proceedings including educational materials and podcasts of the MISWeek, The#1 MIS Meeting, Minimally Invasive Surgery Week and SLS Annual Meeting. An Event in Late August-Early September, this multispecialty conference of a number of MIS Societies, helps increase knowledge of laparoscopic, endoscopic, and minimally invasive surgical techniques. The Meeting consists of hands on Master Classes; Plenary Sessions; Special Interests Groups (SIG) Committee Updates of multiple topics; Expert review and discussion of surgical videos showing accidents, mishaps, and surprises; Deconstruction of video-taped surgeries performed by master surgeons; Exhibitions; Competitions for Best Papers, Videos, and Posters from Professors to Fellows and Residents; Future Technology Sessions; and over 200 General Surgery, Gynecology, Urology, and Multispecialty Scientific Presentations.
August 31 – September 3, 2016
Minimally Invasive Surgery Week
SLS Annual Meeting & Endo Expo
The Westin Copley Place Hotel
SLS • AIMIS • AMCE • ARCE • CJMIS
CRSA • FECOLSOG • GSEPS • HSGE • HSS • IPPS • ISGE • NESA
SBE • iSMIT • SOBRACIL • SRCMIG • SRS • UGES
Important Dates and Links
- Register for MISWeek Online Now: March 2 – August 17, 2016
- Abstract Submission: October 21, 2015 – March 1, 2016
- Hotel Discounted Rate Deadline: July 31, 2016
- Download the Advanced Brochure
List of Affiliate and Participating Organizations
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS)
- American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (AIMIS)
- La Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía Laparoscopíca (AMCE)
- Asociatia Romana pentru Chirurgie Endoscopica (ARCE)
- Chinese Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgery (CJMIS)
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)
- Federación Colombiana de Obstetrica y Ginecología (FECOLSOG)
- Global Society of Endometriosis and Pain Surgeons and Global Society of Endoscopic and Pelvic Surgeons (GSEPS)
- Hungarian Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (HSGE)
- Hungarian Surgical Society (HSS)
- International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- International Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (ISGE)
- New European Surgical Academy (NESA)
- Brazilian Society of Endometriosis (SBE)
- International Society for Medical Innovation and Technology (iSMIT)
- Brazilian Society of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery (SOBRACIL)
- Romanian Society for Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecology (SRCMIG)
- Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)
- Society for Gynecologic Laparoscopy of Serbia (UGES)
Attending MISWeek 2016?
Place this badge on your Website, Blog, Facebook, and Twitter page to let everyone know that you’ll be in Boston this September. Download badge here
Hotel and Reservation Information
Reservations: Book Online Now or Call (888) 627-7216
Discounted Room Rate – Single/Double Room: $269 USD/Night
these rates are subject to appropriate state, local, and occupancy taxes and do not include meals. This rate is now being offered on a space-available basis. Check reservation website for applicable dates. In order to qualify for the special rate, you must mention that you are attending the “SLS Conference”.
Deadline for SLS discounted rates is July 31, 2016.
For those attending the conference who require special assistance (accessibility, dietary, etc.), please contact SLS no later than August 17, 2016, with special requests.
No refunds will be made after August 17, 2016.
This four-day conference will greatly expand your understanding of the development and use of new minimally invasive technologies and techniques. Sessions will concentrate on a variety of procedures, techniques, and issues important to laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive surgeons.
- During in-depth Master Classes, the faculty, experts in Gynecology, General Surgery, Urology, and other specialties, will share their experience, explain new and varied technology and techniques, and will lead discussions about issues and topics important to all specialties.
- The video session Surgical Surprises will bring panels of Master Surgeons together to show you the finer points of their techniques and to discuss how to handle surgical accidents, mishaps, and surprises with attention given to lessons learned and appropriate action/reaction.
- Updates on various specialties will be presented by SLS Special Interest Group (SIG) Committee members.
- Future Technology Session
- Exhibits will feature the latest in products and services designed by leading manufacturers.
Thursday, September 1, 2016 • 6:00pm-10:00pm
All participants and guests are welcome. Tickets to attend are $175/person and must be purchased in advance. Includes Transporataion To/From Event, Tour of the JFK Library, Buffet Dinner, 2 Drink Tickets, and Entertainment by the Sticks & Stones Band.
The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is dedicated to the memory of our nation’s thirty-fifth president and to all those who through the art of politics seek a new and better world. Located on a ten-acre park, overlooking the sea that he loved and the city that launched him to greatness, the Library stands as a vibrant tribute to the life and times of John F. Kennedy.
Our evening event starts with a tour JFK Museum which portrays the life, leadership, and legacy of President Kennedy, conveys his enthusiasm for politics and public service, and illustrates the nature of the office of the President. Enjoy Permanent Exhibits of the Leadership for the 60’s Campaign Button Campaign Trail, The Briefing Room – John F. Kennedy was the first president to effectively use the new medium of television to speak directly to the American people through live televised press conferences. Video samples of his responses to reporters’ questions and exhibits of objects and documents illustrate the wide range of issues he confronted as President. In 1961 responding to the Soviet Union’s lead in the exploration of space, President Kennedy challenged the United States to keep up in the “Space Race” and not fall behind the Soviets, Watercolor Painting of the White House, the Treaty Room, as well as exhibit highlights of Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy and her achievements as First Lady.
Enjoy some wine in the JFK Museum Atrium overlooking spectacular view Boston Bay and then on to a wonderful buffet dinner and music by our very own Sticks & Stones Band in Smith Hall.
Conference Educational Methods and Attendee Objectives
The increasing complexity of minimally invasive diagnostics and therapy requires a continuous educational process. The exchange of knowledge and expertise among the physicians taking part in this conference contributes to the continuation of excellence in minimally invasive surgery.
Upon completion of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Increase comprehension of the basic and fundamental principles of laparoscopic, endoscopic, and minimally invasive techniques, enhancing the participant’s understanding of these techniques;
- Understand the recent advances in laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive techniques;
- Determine the appropriate use of laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive equipment as part of a
- treatment plan in the care of patients;
- Comprehend the developing technologies that will be available in the future to enhance the standard of patient care; and
- Acquire educational information within the physician’s specialty, which will enhance their professional development and patient care.
Conference Credit Hours
The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The SLS designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 – Pre-Conference Events – Max Total 8.0 Credits
Half-Day Master Class AM 4.0 Credits
Half-Day Master Class PM 4.0 Credits
SLS Experts’ Experience 4.0 Credits
Thursday, September 1, 2016 – Conference – Max Total 7.75 Credits
Friday, September 2, 2016 – Conference – Max Total 6.75 Credits
Saturday, September 3, 2016 – Conference – Max Total 2.0 Credits
Continuing Medical Education Process for SLS
To help as a planning guide SLS has a CME mission statement, which includes the CME purpose, content areas, target audience, and type of activities provided. SLS also identifies the expected results of its CME activity.
SLS identifies the educational needs and desired results for all CME activities.
SLS has an organizational structure that supports our CME activities.
In order to achieve a level of CME excellence for our members, SLS has developed a “Template of Excellence.” This document lists various examples of innovative ideas that SLS utilizes to exceed the basic level of compliance required by the ACCME. SLS looks forward to receiving input from you in order to continue to improve these processes and provide you with a meaningful continuing medical education in minimally invasive surgery.